i2 iBase is an intuitive intelligence data management application that enables collaborative teams of analysts to capture, control and analyze data from multiple sources in secure workgroup environments. It enables the analyst to meet the daily challenge of discovering networks, patterns and trends in ever-increasing volumes of complex structured and unstructured data. i2 iBase provides a multi-user data sharing environment that offers rich analysis and visualization functions, with dissemination tools.
This hands-on 4-day course covers the concepts needed to get the most out of i2 iBase. It aims to enable the analyst to better understand the iBase interface, tools, methodology and techniques, in order to support analyzes to discover relationships and associations using i2 solutions. This course uses real-world scenarios based on today’s survey events and data to help the student understand how to use i2 iBase and its basic functions.
The i2 iBase User training meets the following learning objectives
- Understanding iBase tools.
- Learn the functions of iBase in all its forms.
- Learn the functions associated with queries.
- Learn the search functions.
- Learn to visualize data in iBase and Analyst’s Notebook.
- Learn to use iBase analytical functions from Analyst’s Notebook.
- Introduction to information dissemination.
Content of the training
- iBase terminology.
- In-depth presentation and introduction to the functions and tools offered to iBase users.
- Browse and explore data in multiple formats.
- Creation, modification and saving of data.
- Worksheet data exploration.
- Creation of labeled formats and graph format.
- Building simple and complex queries.
- Importing and exporting data.
- Analytical functions and export of results to Analyst’s Notebook.
- Creating concordant data collection and data visualization techniques from Analyst’s Notebook.
- 360 search (if SQL) and full search.
- Administrative functions and alerts.
- Security in iBase.
- Know the basics and be familiar with the Windows environment, Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office as well as web browsing tools.
- Have completed the i2 Analyst’s Notebook Part 1 training and/or be familiar with the Analyst’s Notebook environment.
- This training is intended for criminal intelligence or fraud analysts and anyone else considering using i2 iBase.