IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook offers innovative features such as:
- connected network visualizations,
- social network analysis,
- geospatial or temporal views,
- And much more!
These visual analysis tools help you uncover hidden connections and patterns in data.
Here are the steps to use the feature import Specification with condition TRUE or FALSE
When a dataset carries a value of TRUE or FALSE, the analyst can decide whether it needs to be imported on the chart using “Column Actions” as a mechanism. Either they can decide to not import the dataset if the value is FALSE or import it with certain characteristics such as Attributes.
To make sure the steps to Import Specification are clear, we will use a sample dataset.
In this sample dataset, we have a series of companies including shell companies. Any company with a value of FALSE is represented as a “Shell Company”. We want to import the data to indicate companies with the value of FALSE as a unique entity, easily identified on the chart with “No Identity” or “Label”.
1. Open Analyst’s Notebook and go to “Home” then to “Import», “Import from File” and select your source file.
2. In the “Import Specification”, after the step “Select Worksheet” and “Select Row”, go to “Column Actions”.
3. Create a new column called “Import_Conditon” and join the columns “isUnique_Importer”[Coma]”Importer”. The results should look like this:
4. Alternatively, create another column to be used as a “Label” for your identities, knowing that some cells might be empty based on the value False, as seen below.
5. In the “Available Actions” section, select “Replace value” and push it to the right in the “Action Applied” section.
6. In the “Replace Value” section, select your matching text i.e. “Aquarium Services Warehouse”, (ignore case) and “Replace with” leave it blank.
7. Under the section “Apply only when the following conditions are met”, select the condition “Starts with” from the list and in the “Value” section, write the word “FALSE” as per the sample data.
This will create a blank cell in the new column called “Importer_condition”.
8. In the “Assign Columns”, assign the “importer condition” column to the “Identity of your entity”. Since there is a blank cell, created from the “Column Action” it will create a warning sign as per the sample below.
In your “Label” cell, insert the “import condition clean” which was created to ensure that only the label with a “TRUE“ value remains in that column.
9. To demonstrate entities with a value of FALSE as an entity on your chart, that is an entity with no identity or label, select the ellipsis beside the name of the column “importer condition” as shown above.
10. Select the second option “Create the entity with a blank identity”. This will force Analyst’s Notebook to create an entity on your chart with no identity or label based on the value “FALSE” added earlier in the “Column Actions” section.
11. In the “Label” section, select the column “Importer condition clean” to add a name to each entity. This new column displays ONLY the company with the value “TRUE” so it can be used as a label.
12. As an option, you can add an attribute for statistical analysis value on the chart.
13. As a result, on your chart, all entities that have no label based on the value “FALSE» will be identified. Further to the analysis, entities can be formatted using a frame to indicate FALSE in red and TRUE in green.
And that’s how you Import Specification with true or false!
At Necando Solutions, our experts work with you from strategy to project execution and will support you to enhance your investigations and crime prevention capabilities.